The terms below apply to everyone who uses Triptelia.com. By using our Website, you agree that you are bound by these terms.
Use of Triptelia
Under the commercial name of Triptelia and the URL: www.triptelia.com this Directory comprises applications and services through which a) Homeowners and Property Managers may create and maintain listings for accommodations and b) Travelers, Holiday Makers and Tenants (hereafter Travelers), may be informed about and book properties for accommodation directly with them.
In addition, Homeowners and Property Managers are urged to suggest add-ons to Travelers recommending concierge services offered by Affiliated Freelancers in a package scheme to gain visibility. Affiliated Freelancers integrate their services to the home listings attracting Travelersâ€™ attention linking theirs profile to the Homeowners and Property Managers one to gain validity.
Consequently, you agree to access our Website only of the purpose for which it was designed, namely to enable Homeowners and Property Managers and Affiliated Freelancers to advertise to Travelers a) Properties for short or long-term stays on a temporary basis and b) Freelance Services.
You understand and agree that Triptelia is a Directory and as such is not a party to any agreements entered between Homeowners and/or Property Managers and/or Affiliate Freelancers and Travelers, nor is Triptelia a real estate broker, agent or insurer. Triptelia has no control over the conduct of Homeowners and/or Property Managers and/or Affiliate Freelancers and Travelers and of anyone using our website, applications and services or any properties and accommodations, and disclaims all liability in this regard to the maximum extent permitted by law.
When you rent a Property as a Traveler or make use of a Freelance Service by means of our Website, you make an agreement with the Homeowner or his/her duly representative Property Manager or with an Affiliated Freelancer. You are free to make this agreement orally or in written, signing a contract. We are not party to any oral agreement and contract and we do not make any representation, nor we offer any assurance as to the suitability of the oral agreement or contract for renting any Property or Properties or using any of the Freelance Services advertised. It is for you to satisfy yourself that the terms of the oral agreement or contract are appropriate for the purposes for which you use it.
Our Directory allows a Homeowner or a Property Manager to post a description of the Property or several Properties and pictures of them on our Website, as well as a description of any services that are suggested, advertised and offered additionally. Although we offer guidance to our Members about how to do this, it is not attainable nor applicable for us to verify the accuracy of either the description of the Property or services offered by Homeowners and Property Mangers or to determine whether the photographs posted on our Website reflect fairly the Property and its condition and location. We take no action to validate any statements or descriptions of the Property or services offered, or any photographic representation of a Property in any way. We do, however, offer Travelers the opportunity to provide feedback on Properties and we encourage them to do so by getting in touch with us in written. We will then consider feedback accordingly and we will proceed with further actions according to our policies.
Our Directory allows also market Freelancers to post a description of their Services and pictures of them on our Website. They can do it either after Homeowners and Property Managers recommendations or independently. Although we offer guidance to our Members about how to do this, it is not attainable nor applicable for us to validate the accuracy of either the description of the Services offered or to determine whether the photographs posted on our Website reflect fairly the Services and the premises in which they are offered in any way. We take no action to validate any statements or descriptions of the Services offered, or any photographic representation of a Service as true and not misleading. We do, however, offer Travelers the opportunity to provide feedback on Services and we encourage them to do so by getting in touch with us in written. We will then consider feedback accordingly and we will proceed with further actions according to our policies.
However, to build trust all parties including Homeowners and Property Managers and Affiliated Freelancers who register with Triptelia will be asked and must provide accreditation such as Proficiency License, Commerce License and VAT Number.
Moreover, Homeowners and Property Managers using Triptelia guarantee that:
â€“ they have full managing rights of the properties which they register and of any other property will be registered by them in the future with our website,
â€“ that their properties are fully habitable, and that they correspond to the minimum size dimensions and every other facility required by the relevant legislation in their location,
â€“ and also, that they have the required legal permits to rent short term.
Both Homeowners and Property Managers have sole responsibility for the updating and verification of the property data. They are obliged to carry out all modifications to the information about their properties, and in the event of being unable to do so in person, must communicate the required modifications via email to Triptelia. Among all other, it is always the responsibility of Homeowners and Property Managers to maintain rates and availability updated on their calendar.
To ensure furthermore our validity in favor of Travelers, Homeowners and Property Managers using Triptelia must provide upon registration details of the same listing at least in three different official online travel agencies (OTA) with at least one Travelerâ€™s review in each of them, otherwise Triptelia reserves the right to consider the listing as a non-valid one and, therefore, reject it.
Triptelia does not validate Travelers in any ways and, therefore, Homeowners and Property Managers undertake full responsibility to check identification and travel documents of people they let check in.
Both Homeowners and Property Managers are responsible for ensuring that their properties comply with all applicable regulations established by the corresponding state and regional government as well as the European Union and Triptelia is expressly exempt of absolutely every responsibility in this regard.
Both Homeowners and Property Managers are responsible for keeping updated information about their listings and all the furniture, equipment, facilities and services which they were stated when published and about the condition of the outdoors surroundings, property access and property entrance. All the items must be in perfect and working condition and each property fully accessible with safety signs when necessary.
If a client finds the accommodation in a deficient condition with regards to either hygiene, timeworn and improperly working equipment, facilities or services to those described in the accommodation information page of Triptelia, and decides not to remain at the property, Triptelia strongly advice communicating such circumstances to the local authorities such as local Tourist Police, or Tourist Board, Consumersâ€™ Associations etc. within a period of maximum 24 hours and claim a full refund of the rental, including deposit that Travelers may have paid, according to previous agreement. In such a case, you agree that Triptelia has absolutely no obligation to provide you as a Traveler with any accommodation alternatives or any compensation is any way.
If any fault or damage occurs during a stay of the client, which makes the use of the property impossible or extremely uncomfortable, or any fault or damage to the furniture, equipment, facilities or services, or any cuts in the supply of utilities, both Homeowners and Property Managers are fully responsible for resolving successfully the matter. In the event of Homeowners or Property Managers inefficient solution, Triptelia has absolutely no obligation to provide all Travelers with any accommodation alternatives or any compensation is any way.
In addition, all public liability with the Traveler in relation to the use of the properties lays upon Homeowners and Property Managers. For this reason, Homeowners and Property Managers are strongly advised to have a valid public liability insurance.
Triptelia does not offer any Liability Insurance absolutely and/or any Damage Guarantee nor undertakes any responsibility for any accidents, injuries, illness or death that occurs while on the premises and facilities and/or services listed on our website to any of the parties that have come to an agreement through this Directory. Triptelia also does not undertake any responsibility absolutely for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables nor for any financial losses and/or frauds resulting from any actual or attempted transaction between Homeowners and/or Property Managers and/or Affiliated Professionals and Travelers being tenants in a short or long-term lease.
Registration with Triptelia
As Homeowners and Property Managers, you must register and create an account to use applications, tools and services Triptelia provides. You can start the process of registration by clicking on registration links available on the Directory. During the process of registration of the account you will be asked to provide certain information. 1) You agree that the information you provide for the registration will be accurate, current and complete. 2) You agree to keep your registration information up to date and make changes to your account if necessary.
Once you are registered and have your account opened, a profile page for you will be created. The profile page will make available to you, tools that will allow you to create listings and accept booking requests.
Triptelia reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Triptelia account and your access to this website, its applications, tools and services if you create more than one account, or if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be not current or incomplete, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent. You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Triptelia account, whether you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Triptelia of any unauthorized use of your Triptelia Account.
Homeowners and/or their duly representatives Property Managers as well as Affiliated Freelancers registering with Triptelia.com:
- Declare their correct and complete personal data in the relevant space in our website (registration form).
- Understand and accept that after their registration to the website, the annual subscription and payment of the corresponding sums, by any means of payment (namely credit or debit card, PayPal or bank transfers), cannot be partially or fully refunded. Homeowners, Property Managers and Affiliated Freelancers also accept invoice issuing for the services paid and accept the responsibility of completing their data/or the da-ta of the company they legally represent on the invoice issued by us.
- Make sure that they inform us immediately, in case of any change of the personal information provided by them, to keep them always updated, accurate and complete.
- All parties subscribed understand and accept that by using the services of the website, they may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or illegal. In case the website receives any notification that any content causes moral or other damage to a third party, it reserves the right to immediately remove such content and at the same time to terminate the account violating the present term.
Being registered as a Homeowner or Property Manger you become a member of Triptelia so you can create listings. To create and publish a listing, you need to provide information about the type of the property and accommodation that you will be letting out. The information needed for the listing is location, capacity, size, features, and availability of the accommodation and pricing, applicable policies (i.e. regarding cancellation, children, pets etc., rules and financial terms for renting it.
By creating the listing, you acknowledge and agree that you have sole responsibility for the information of the property you post. You also agree that creating a listing and posting information about your property does not breach any other agreement that you may have entered with third parties such as maintenance companies, ownersâ€™ associations, municipalities, public sector and alike. You also agree that your offer to the public does not breach any legislation, rules and regulation that may apply to your property.
Homeowners and Property Managers should understand how the laws work in their respective destinations, both cities and countries. Some cities have laws that restrict their ability to host paying Travelers for short periods. Such legislation is often part of the administrative regulations of destinations. In many destinations, Homeowners and Property Managers must register and obtain a license before listing a property or accepting Travelers. Certain types of short-term accommodation may be prohibited altogether. Local governments vary greatly in how they enforce these laws. Penalties may include fines or other enforcements. Homeowners and Property Managers are sole responsible against local legislation and should review local laws before listing accommodation in Triptelia.
Responsibilities of Homeowners, Property Managers and Affiliated Freelancers
Homeowners and Property Managers and Affiliated Freelancers, and not Triptelia, are responsible for:
- ensuring the accuracy of the photographs and descriptions of the Properties and Services that are posted on our Website,
- delivering the accommodation and services agreed to be provided to Travelers when they book and
- delivering any additional services that are agreed to be provided to Travelers, after they book.
Homeowners and Property Managers and Affiliated Freelancers specify:
- the accommodation cost with any additional costs and the linked services costs if such services are booked along with accommodation (applies to Affiliated Freelancers)
- the times during which the Property and the Service is available for rent and use;
- the exact location where the Service takes place or starts and ends
- whether Travelers must pay any amount of cash deposit in advance or upon arrival (hereafter Security Deposit)
- the terms on which Travelers may occupy the Property during their stay and
- any additional services that offered during accommodation, such as cleaning services, welcome packages, subscription television, heating, air-conditioning and other services and alike.
- cancellation policies which they must communicate to Travelers clearly and in advance of bookings.
- maintaining copies of all financial and other transactions that are made using Triptelia.com.
- Homeowners and Property Managers set the accommodation cost and the prices for any other services that are offered according to their policies.
- Affiliated Freelancers set the prices for their Services according to their policies.
- Travelers should always check the website for the prices at the time of booking before bargain with Homeowners and Property Managers any better price or any payment installments.
- In addition to the prices set by Homeowners and Property Managers, Travelers may be liable to pay other charges along with accommodation. These charges are shown on the listing. They may include charges for additional services that are agreed to be used during stay named into a reservation agreement, such as charges for cleaning, airport pick-up, in-Property chef, heating and alike.
- com does not handle reservations and therefore no charges are applied to Homeowners and Property Managers other than the annual subscription fee.
- If a booking is cancelled by Travelers, they may, nevertheless, be liable to pay any charges that Homeowners and Property Managers are liable to pay to any third parties, i.e. bank commissions and alike.
Reservations and payments
- Our Website allows Travelers to communicate with Homeowners and Property Managers or Affiliated Freelancers without any limitations.
- All parties as described above are free to negotiate prices, ways of payment and terms and conditions coming to an agreement, for short or long-term reservations. Triptelia.com does not intervene absolutely in any away to these agreements.
- When Travelers agree to make a reservation, they become liable to pay all sums payable under the contract (if there is any) or following relevant written correspondence or oral agreement when they become due. If they share the accommodation costs with other members of their Party, it is, nevertheless, the responsibility of the Leader Traveler to make those arrangements. Travelers alone are responsible for performing the obligations in the contract (if there is any) or the agreement made orally or in written in any way and for ensuring that all money is paid according to Homeowners and Property Managers policies.
- Furthermore, in Triptelia.com we do not act as the agent of Homeowners and Property Managers to receive payment of the Deposit, rent due under any contract or other agreement and any Security Deposit that Travelers need to pay. We consider it important for Travelersâ€™ self-protection not to pay these sums 100% in advance, but rather agree on payment installments. We do not hold any sums of accommodation or any additional cost for Homeowners and Property Managers and therefore they are, in their sole discretion, fully responsible to collect the money agreed from Travelers.
- Moreover, in Triptelia.com we hold no Security Deposit specifically and therefore we undertake absolutely no responsibility, nor we handle in any way any claims for loss or breakages have been made, whether the claim has been agreed and determined or not.
- Travelers agree to pay for accommodation and additional services (such as cleaning and laundry services, cable tv services, entertainments and alike) for which payment is to be made additionally to Homeowners and Property Managers. We recommend Travelers take care to ensure that payments to the Homeowner or his duly authorized representative to be split to installments and to be made via bank transfers to maintain transaction transparent and safe.
Cancellation and changes
- Under the contract (if any) or any other oral or written agreement, Homeowners, Property Managers and Travelers may be entitled to cancel the booking.
- Contracts or any other written agreements or correspondence should state whether all parties are entitled to a full or partial refund. Travelers need to consider that if Homeowners and Property Managers have incurred or they are liable to pay costs to a third party, such costs may not be refunded when upon cancellation. In any case terms and conditions of each contract or any other agreement made by both parties are under their consideration and/or negotiation solely and Triptetia.com has absolutely no intervention in and stage of any agreement.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law you agree that:
- Neither Triptelia.com as a website and Directory, nor any of our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and subcontractors shall be liable to the Traveler and/or any member of the Travelerâ€™s Party for any loss or damage suffered by such person because of the use of our website or the services provided pursuant to it.
- Neither Triptelia.com as a website and Directory, nor any of our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and subcontractors shall be liable to the Homeowner and/or Property Manager for any loss or damage suffered by such person as a result of the use of our website or the services provided pursuant to it.
- Neither Triptelia.com as a website and Directory, nor any of our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and subcontractors shall be liable to Affiliated Freelancers for any loss or damage suffered by such person as a result of the use of our website or the services provided pursuant to it.
- Neither Triptelia.com as a website and Directory, nor any of our officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents shall be liable for any punitive, special, indirect, consequential loss or damages, any loss of profit, loss of contract or loss of goodwill or reputation or loss of claim;
- Neither Triptelia.com as a website and Directory, nor any of our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and subcontractors shall be liable for any misstatement, misrepresentation or inaccuracy relating to the description of the Property or Affiliated Services to be provided or in any ratings shown on our Website;
- Neither Triptelia.com as a website and Directory, nor any of our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and subcontractors shall be liable for any services to be provided by the Homeowner or the Homeownerâ€™s Managers or representatives, or for any breach of the booking contract by them;
- Neither Triptelia.com as a website and Directory, nor any of our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and subcontractors shall be liable for any services to be provided by the Affiliated Freelancers, or for any breach of any agreement made with the Traveler by them;
- Neither Triptelia.com as a website and Directory, nor any of our officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and subcontractors shall be liable for any loss or damages caused as a result of, or in connection with the use, inability to use, interruption of use, or delay in using of our Website;
- Neither Triptelia.com as a website and Directory, nor any of our officers, directors, shareholders shall be liable for any loss or damage caused by any breach of duty, negligence, fraud, misrepresentation, or tort made or committed by Homeowners, Property Managers, Affiliated Freelancers or any persons whose goods or services are made available through our Website, including, without limitation, over-booking, strike, industrial action, acts of warfare, terrorist attacks, unpredictable and severe natural phenomena and any other event outside of our control. We are not liable or responsible for, where we take payments or facilitate bookings, ensuring that any sales or other taxes are paid to the relevant taxation authority.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The content of Triptelia and the software that our website is powered from is protected by copyright. Triptelia is the owner of the copyright and all intellectual property rights in all material on our website, other than (i) trademarks belonging to third parties, (ii) copyright in material posted on the site by Homeowners or Property Managers and (iii) other rights licensed to us.
- By posting information on our Website, you confirm that a) you are the copyright in (and owner of all other intellectual property rights that may be asserted) in such material, b) that Triptelia.com is granted a worldwide, royalty-free, license to use and copy that material, c) that your rights do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or company or any form of organization and d) that you agree to compensate us and keep us harmless against every loss and damage that we may suffer as a result of any claim that you do not own and are unable to grant to us the right to use such material or that such material violates the intellectual property rights of anyone-else. To the extent that you would own any intellectual property rights in our website but for this purpose, you assign and transfer them to us absolutely.
- No visitor to our website may copy in whole, or in part, our Website. In particular, and without limitation, no visitor may copy any text or illustrations that appear on, or form part of, it, except that we agree that every Homeowner, Property Manager and Affiliated Freelancer may copy for his own use information shown on his, her or its account page on our Website for record keeping purposes.
Performance and Modification
Although we use our reasonable efforts to provide access to and availability of our Website at all reasonable times, you agree that access to Triptelia.com may be limited by maintenance and other factors, whether planned or unplanned, which require or result in the suspension, or interruption, of, or the occurrence of deficiency in our Website, or its operation, in whole or part, and which may inhibitÂ access to it. You agree that we have no liability to you in respect of any such occurrences or events or for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever which you may suffer or incur as a result. We provide no guarantee that the operation of our Website will be uninterrupted, continuous or error or virus free, or otherwise.
Triptelia.com may contain links to other websites. These websites are provided for users’ convenience to receive further information. We bear no responsibility for the continuous, uninterrupted and safe accessibility to the other websites.
The contain of the aforementioned websites is submitted by third parties. The website does not bear any liability for illegalities arising from omissions, errors, inaccuracies in the content provided by third parties. The information in these websites may be updated at any time and often be outdated. The website bears no responsibility for keeping the information in these pages up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
All parties that may proceed to a commercial transaction with a third party, then this transaction will be in accordance with the third partiesâ€™ terms and conditions and not the terms and conditions of the website. We bear no liability for any aspect and outcome of such transactions.
Triptelia also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the Directory or to modify these Terms, including the Service Fees, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on the website: www.triptelia.com or otherwise provide you with notice of the modification. By continuing to access or use our Directory after we have posted a modification on this website or have provided you with notice of a modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified terms. If the modified terms are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using this website and its applications, tools and services.
Terms and Definitions
In the aforementioned terms:
Accommodation: refers to a space with a room or group of rooms, part of a building or standing individually, with at least a living room, a kitchen and a bathroom with toilet, in which someone may stay for a short or long time.
Affiliated Freelancers: means self-employed persons or companies suggested by Homeowners and Property Managers to Travelers to offer them add-on services along with their stay.
Agent: Intermediate person or company on behalf of a Homeowner.
Agreement: a contract or deed of acceptance and a result of common accordance, oral or written otherwise, between Homeowners and or Property Managers and the Travelers regarding an accommodation reservation for a certain period of time including relevant terms and conditions as per pricing, children policies, cancellation policies, damage policies and alike.
Contract: a written agreement concerning accommodation tenancy between Homeowners and/or Property Managers and Travelers for a certain period of time including relevant terms and conditions as per pricing, children policies, cancellation policies, damage policies and the like, which is intended to be enforceable by law, regionally and as from EU.
Directory: Triptelia.com thematic listings of properties and linked freelancers with descriptions and contact details such as names, addresses, and telephone numbers.
Homeowners: individual persons or companies registered with us who own or co-own a property, renting it out to Travelers for short or long stays via Triptelia.com.
Leader: means the person who makes an accommodation reservation or books an add-on service from the freelance market as advertised in Triptelia.com and which acts on behalf of, represents and commands a group of Travelers.
Lease: an agreement by which one party rents temporally properties and services via Triptelia.com to another for a specified time in return of a specific payment.
OTA: means Online Travel Agencies, i.e. Expedia, Booking.com, Airbnb etc.
Members: all individual persons or companies who join and take part in our venture, listing their properties and suggesting add-on services in Triptelia.com
Party: means group of Travelers listed in the Contract or part of the agreement made with Homeowners or Property Managers who will occupy their properties on a temporary basis.
Directory: refers to Triptelia.com
Property: means city or rural or forest or beachside accommodations, namely apartments, houses, cottages and villas made available for temporary occupation Travelers via Triptelia.com. Shared or partial use of accommodation along with Travelers is not accepted in our Website. Alternative lodges such as barns, tree-houses, caravans or trailers, sailboats or motor-yaghts are not accepted in our Website.
Property Managers: individual persons or companies who are duly representatives of and acting on behalf of Homeowners and in their favor, they rent out to Travelers their properties for short or long stays via Triptelia.com.
Rent: Travelers’ payment to Homeowners or Property Manager for the use of their properties.
Security Deposit: means the insurance amount, arranged and agreed by both the parties as part of a contract or any other agreement, oral or written otherwise, that offers protection, subject to financial limits, against breakages and damage caused by Travelers during their stay.
Stay: means the period stated in the contract or agreed otherwise during which Homeowners and Property Managers let Travelers occupy their properties temporally.
Terms: All policies under which an accommodation contract or agreement is conducted between Travelers and Homeowners or Property Managers for a short or long stay.
Travelers: refers to all people who use Triptelia.com to book properties for their stay when traveling, coming to an agreement with Homeowners and Property Managers as per our and their policies.
Us, We, Our: refers to Triptelia.com
Website: refers to Triptelia.com